Sunday, March 21, 2010


This was the first time that I did "skin to skin contact" with Conner. The nurse that suggested it was so cute and excited for me to try it! She talked about the emotional bond that it creates and also explained that Conner can actually get antibodies from me through doing this, which can benefit him. It was such a sweet experience! I LOVED it and I'm sure that Conner did too! As the nurse laid Conner on my chest, I felt an overwhelming sense of purity and innocence from Conner and it brought me to tears. I felt his warm body against mine and could feel his precious breathing softly on my chest. After just moments of being placed on my chest, his heart rate slowed down and his oxygen level went up- wow! It truly was a special bonding experience for us.

7 comments:

Heather English said...

awwwwww....I love it! You are such a natural mother Annie. I can't wait to see you in action.

JoshandMegs said...

This is such a sweet picture and story, I love it! It's amazing the difference from skin touching, for all of us. I'm happy you were able to do that with him :)

FitNotQuitJess said...

That is AMAZING! That young they know and recognize not only their mothers but how much their mothers mean to them! Almost in tears! AMAZING!!!

Jared and Laura said...

So sweet! What an adorable baby!

Victoria said...

I have heard that this "skin to skin" contact is so good for them. I am happy you are experiencing it and know that you are creating such an eternal bond with Conner. He is really amazing and I almost started to cry while reading this. Thank you for sharing Annie.

Lera said...

Awww... that is really so sweet!

Hurst Family said...

That is so awesome Annie I have had friends that have done that with there babies while in the hospital and it is amazing the difrience it makes for both of you. I'm so happy to see that he is doing well. Now that you and your family our in our thought and prayers.
P.S. I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog, I just wanted to keep up on how baby Connor is doing.